Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Calibrate Your Panty Waddage Meter part 1

Signed up for an art tour. We boarded the “short” bus. I acted a caballero and let the women go first. That left me and an older lesbian couple (that's what they told me) in the back. Except for a grumpy old guy dragged by his wife and Juan, the driver, I was the only dude.

Seats filled for this two hour tour that began at 3pm but the wheels rolled at 3:45.

A two hour tour.

Art tours are for gringos with cash. The first, Pablo Cordero, is a traditional ceramicist. Cool to see the process. I asked my seatmate what she thought and she told me “it sucks”.

Then into the hills for Eduardo Vega who is eccentric. He said he would be there but wasn't. His work is superb and, if I had a house that needed filling, it would be with his stuff – including dinnerware.

It's raining. The girls stop for a group picture despite the mottled view. Juan expertly wrestles the bus into position despite the hazards. About a dozen of them jump out to prance and giggle. We back seaters exchange eye rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment